Subject: [Leica] PAW 4 dlridings
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Jan 31 05:18:45 2005

We have a lot of chestnuts ... and you're right, there's no reason to cut
other trees this way ... but they seem to cut a lot of trees like this ...
for no reason (other than aesthetic ... and practicalities ... a chestnut
will spread out very grandly if not disciplined.

I have an elm outside my window at home that has been cut back similar to
this one. That's why I guessed elm. I'm not familiar enough to be able to
say anything until I've seen the leaves.

Best,
Daniel