Subject: [Leica] Way Off Topic - KFC Ad
From: jblack at ambio.net (John Black)
Date: Sun Jan 30 13:45:13 2005

> My father, God bless his soul, was adamant about conversation during
dinner
> in two ways. One, we were seen eating and kept our mouth shut! As
in....yer
> seen but not heard while the adults were doing their thing. But obviously
if
> spoken to you answered. But as dessert was being prepared we were into the
> conversation and never thought of leaving the table until told we could
and
> or family things were done.

My wife comes from a very large rural Southern family and I remember going
to their family dinners about 6-8 times a year (hillidays and such). This
was 30-40 years ago.  There were so many people and kids that we ate in
shifts, organized acording to a very rigid hiarachy. Oldest adult males ate
first at the grownup's table in the dining room.  The next shift was younger
male relatives, and son's in law, but they still had to be adults.  The
women ate in the kitchen at one of the two kitchen tables according to the
same age gradient.  Children (any preadolescent) ate at the kid's table also
in the kitchen in no particular order.  I remember when I graduated to the
first shift at the men's table. It took 15 years in the family and several
deaths.

By the time the meal was over, all of the family business was discussed and
all world and reagonal affairs were settled.

I did shoot some of them with a Leica ;-)

JB

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Way Off Topic - KFC Ad)
Message from ahgraves at prodigy.net (Allen Graves) ([Leica] Way Off Topic - KFC Ad)
Message from jblack at ambio.net (John Black) ([Leica] Way Off Topic - KFC Ad)