Subject: [Leica] I'm done kicking myself
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Jan 28 14:59:51 2005

Douglas Herr said:

> OK, so I'm a klutz.  I get "klutz attacks" where for no reason known to
> humanity I'll briefly become so clumsy that nothing anywhere near me is
> safe from being dropped, stepped on, run into... you get the picture.
>
> So yesterday I have this klutz attack and the 280 APO+chrome SL2 are in
> the wrong place at the wrong time.  Do I need to go into the details?
> Lens and camera are on a FedEx airplane to the hospital in Northvale; the
> lens will have to be transferred to intensive care in Solms.
> @&!!*<<<<<<<<

Hi Doug,
I think on another post you may have said the loaner lens situation was
rectified with another lens.

However, if in the event you find yourself lensless please let me know
soonest and my 280 2.8, with extenders 1.4 & 2X are in their aluminium case
and yours until the lens is returned. It would sadden me knowing you who
shoot those beautiful bird photographs was stuck behind the barn during the
height of bird shooting, .... I mean photographing season..... ;-)

For what it's worth I believe all of us have endured a Klutz moment, some a
couple of times! ;-)

Mine, dropping an SL to the concrete driveway in Calgary and it sort of self
destructed. :-( Totally destroying a brand new.... "uninsured" 80-200 zoom
on asignment in Europe. Another biggy.. :-) The 400 2.8 was knocked over at
the '92 Olympics in Barcelona and landed across this very 2.8 280 lens
severely injuring it! :-( Requiring a major overhaul to rectify the broken
bits. :-( Actually quite amazing how much damage one lens can do unto
another. :-)

Anyway please let me know if mine can be of assistance.

regards,
ted