Subject: [Leica] Epson R-D1 first full day impressions.
From: driggett at (Christopher Driggett)
Date: Thu Jan 27 23:04:23 2005

        I am using the 28, 35 and 50. And yes I forgot about zone focusing.
DAH!  I need to remind myself I am back at high school shooting with a
I enjoy using the camera so far as a come with me all the time camera.
Nice and light compared to my Nikon stuff but just like any tool I need
to bring the right camera for the right job.

On Jan 27, 2005, at 10:53 PM, Christopher Williams wrote:

> Chris,
> Your main points:
> 2) The camera is lousy for action.
> 3) I have forgot how to focus after using auto focus for the last 15
> years.
> 4) I am use to a large DSLR and the little rangefinder feels funny in
> my hands. I am a tall guy. My fingers kept getting in the way and I
> would change the aperture when I meant to focus.
> What lens are you mainly using? It's fairly easy to preset your focus
> on
> wide angle lenses so you can get the action shots. Of course in low
> light
> this is more of a challenge on wide open apertures.
> After using D100's and D2h's most of last year, I'm enjoying using my
> small
> M6's again. The bulky Nikon stuff will start up again in March.
> Chris

Message from driggett at (Christopher Driggett) ([Leica] Epson R-D1 first full day impressions.)
Message from leicachris at (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Epson R-D1 first full day impressions.)