Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: "a la carte" & "certified pre-owned"
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 12:17:19 2005

>Leica should get into the used camera  business.Buy up all
>the second hand stuff CLA, re-box and re-sell it with  a
>guarantee,at least we'd be sure of the quality.

>>ACK!  This would ensure that the used price for a Leica goes back up to
>>the

>>level where only Dentists, retired Engineers and Lawyers can afford  to
have
>>one!

I don't think that Leica would or could corner  the market in used cameras.
Presuming that the Pre-Owned camera would sell  at a premium over the
regular
market just because of the CLA,  I'd suspect  that example from Leica's lot
would have no "tiny ding" or "nearly unnoticeable  bits of vulcanite
missing."

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com