Subject: [Leica] Green vs Black M3's ???
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Thu Jan 27 03:59:21 2005

I was looking over Lager's books on the olive vs black M3.

The black M3 is all black - with the control knobs and advance lever and
front levers in black.

The olive only has the vulcanite and top plate and bottom in olive drab;
the control knobs and levers are chrome.

Do you know why this is?  If for camouflage and low visibility, wouldn't
the chrome parts still stand out?

Do you know how they turned the vulcanite into green?  Was it merely
painted over?

Regards,

Vick Ko