Subject: [Leica] PJ secrets revealed
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Wed Jan 26 08:32:40 2005

I just ran across this quote from the autobiography of Jacob Riis, the
Danish immigrant who photographed the NYC slums at the turn of the 20th
century:

"It is not too much to say that our party carried terror wherever it
went.  The flashlight of those days was contained in cartridges fired from
a revolver.  The spectacle of half a dozen strange men invading a house in
the midnight hour armed with big pistols which they shot off recklessly was
hardly reassuring, however sugary our speech, and it was not to be wondered
at if the tenants bolted through windows and down fire-escapes wherever we
went."

This was in "An American Century of Photography" (Abrams, NYC,
1995).  Great book, BTW.  It'll take your mind off of which dilution of
Xtol to use, or whether you really _need_ that latest aspherical from Solms.

Ted and Tina, please tell me you've never broken into someone's home at
midnight with a party of six :)!

Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr. SE
Albuquerque, NM  87108
505-262-4085
714-908-7846 (fax)
pswango@att.net

Replies: Reply from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] PJ secrets revealed)
Reply from ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben) ([Leica] PJ secrets revealed)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] PJ secrets revealed)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] PJ secrets revealed)