Subject: [Leica] Commemorative M7
From: woc2 at earthlink.net (Bill O'Connell)
Date: Tue Jan 25 20:39:38 2005

Let me warn you, if commemorative Leicas bother you, hit delete.

Not looking to start a giant controversy here, just looking for some
information to help make a go/no go decision.

I mentioned a while back that I was working with Leica on a M7 for the
Porsche Club's 50th Anniversary this year and I thank those that provided
some good input.

We are now at the point where a final decision has to be made.  Due to some
unforeseen issues, it has taken a bit longer then anticipated.  And yes, I
have seen and held the prototype shell.

The body will be silver engraved on the top plate and the 'skin' will be
'carbon fiber' leather.  There will be a silver new 50 1.4 and will be
packaged in an imprinted gift box.  Looking to limit it to 50 or 100 units.
It would be available in a few months.

What I'm looking for is some input from those that tend to be interested in
this type of camera and their feelings on whether this is a viable project.

To keep the bandwidth down, you can reply directly to me at
woc2@earthlink.net

Thanks in advance.

Bill