Subject: [Leica] You Call that SNOW!?!?
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Tue Jan 25 20:11:19 2005

Those ice storms are really bad.  I got caught in the middle of one
in Athens GA one year.  There was about a half-inch of ice on
everything.  Forget about driving, you couldn't even walk anywhere.
We just stayed inside by the fire for a day or so until the sun
returned and it all melted.    I'll take a two-foot blizzard over one
of those any time.

Why the high crowns, though? Is it to help with rain water run off?