Subject: [Leica] fine grain hig speed ?
From: ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben)
Date: Mon Jan 24 02:04:22 2005

This may sound silly but I will give it a try anyway

I have been shooting 50 and 100 ISO film for about 95% of the time, the last
15 years - mostly because it has been studio work or tripod shots I have
been doing

I would like to do so more handheld photography in balck and white but I am
not a fan of large grain
(I do like it in other peoples pictures just not in mine)

What would be the combination of film and developer for 400 ISO and for 800
ISO that would give the finest grain ? would any post lightning or other
darkroom techniques before processing the film,  make the grain any finer.

It does not matter if the individual film ends up needing more time in the
process or end up being say 20 % more expensive - I do not shoot 15 frames
of each motif.

I will be greatfull for any advice on this

Ruben

Replies: Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Re: fine grain hig speed ?)
Message from sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner) ([Leica] Incorrect information about end of MP production)