Subject: the market has spoken (was: Re: [Leica] Doomed whatever)
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sun Jan 23 07:20:11 2005

on 1/23/05 6:38 AM, Ted Grant at tedgrant@shaw.ca wrote:

> ... many clients are catching on to the fact we're not using
> film but they're still seeing charges as though we are.  But many are now
> saying, "hey wait a minute, how come this isn't going down in price when
> you're not using film? Yet we're still seeing charges as though there is
> film being used?"

I am seeing the same thing WRT print pricing.  Modern culture is becoming
saturated with free images and the ease of copying and printing photos from
the web is softening the market for prints IMHO.  Following a discussion of
print pricing on the LUG several months back I raised my prices to what
several LUG members though was reasonable.  Result?  Print sales dropped to
absolutely nothing.  The market has spoken.  New lower pricing later this
week when I have time to change my website.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) (the market has spoken (was: Re: [Leica] Doomed whatever))