Subject: [Leica] Doomed too: Leica 1.4/75 M-Summilux
From: P2CON at aol.com (P2CON@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jan 22 12:36:31 2005

Didier writes:
<<I have repair troubles with a 1999 75mm M-Summilux. I had it, mounted on a
M6, on the middle console of my car when it dropped to my feets in a curve.
Then the aperture blades seemed to be slightly uptighted (only sometimes)
and I sent it to my repair man. He told me he couldn't easily open the
aperture complex because its all glued together. >>

Didier, at this point I think it might be wise just to have them send the
lens back to you, and then use it as it is.  Your comment that the aperture
blades seemed to be "slightly uptighted (only sometimes)" leads one to think
it
might be a minor problem that you could live with.  Kind of like a car with
radio antenna that wont retract, just a nuisance.

The repair people have not done anything so their charges should not be high.

Just use the lens and keep it off of the middle console of your car when
going around curves.  :-)

Regards, Paul Connet