Subject: [Leica] Doomed: Leica MP 0.58x
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri Jan 21 21:45:57 2005

What I am saying is that the price difference of Leica Lenses to Nikon  (
for example) is not related to labor rates. It is profit and demand driven.
We will pay the rather extraordinary prices they demand if we want to own
(new) Leica lenses and use RF bodies.  We have no choice.

If they do not go with the M mount the market will be nil for a digital M.
More to the point, there is no reason to change the mount.  ( RF with AF?)

Hasselblad no longer support film.  They are selling existing inventory.  It
is over for Hasselblad in the film arena.  The long range goal of a top end
Digital MF camera is somewhat a doubtful market goal.  There may not be a
large enough MF market when 35mm Cameras can put out 10MP or more now.  For
about 1/3 - 1/4 the price!  Remember that the Hasselblad sensor is not 6x6
cm.  ( I now forget the actual size.)

Tight lipped or no clue.... the really big question.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Are you saying that wages in Germany are as low as in Asia?

Well, if they can't properly do a full frame M with the current mount,
or if
half the lenses become useless, I would rather see that happen then
have them go out of business period.

\
They still support
film, but also offer a full lineup of digital solutions and their
partnership
with Imacon will assure that this trend continues.

Leica is either being
very tight lipped about what they have up their sleeve, or doesn't get
it.

Feli