Subject: [Leica] digital file to prints
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Fri Jan 21 06:29:19 2005

1. You drop the profile (created for OSX) in library/colorsync/profiles (or
(check) when installing your printerdriver, (if) the ICC profile is
installed there).
2. You edit your image in PS.
3. In the PS toolbar, you go to view/proof colors and select the profile.
This gives you an impression of what the printed result will be. Minor
adjustments can follow.

It's all pretty well described on the site itself.

Remark one: always keep your images in RGB (this is a wider colour space
than CMYK)
Remark two: print in RGB
Remark three: calibrate your screen before all this, and repeat at least
once a month.
Remark four: don't expect that the image on your screen will be reproduced a
100% perfectly when printing it. A screen shows much more subtle tone
variations than any paper can provide.
---