Subject: [Leica] Leica Digital R and Epson RD-1
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Thu Jan 20 11:44:59 2005

I was seduced by the superiority of digital for what I do some years
ago. Nevertheless I still approach photography the same way as I did
with film. There isn't often time to check the results before I go
home, but when I do get home there is the huge advantage of editing
immediately, even if I only took 3 shots. Most monitors can't show much
useful apart from the histogram anyway and once you have "learned" your
camera exposure is rarely a problem. I shoot raw only to give a bit
more margin but anyway I probably get technically get better results
with digital than I did with 40 years of film.
Frank