Subject: [Leica] PAW 1, 2, 3 tm
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Wed Jan 19 06:33:14 2005

Tina Manley wrote:
> At 11:23 PM 1/18/2005, you wrote:
>
>> Tina, I am happy to see you sharing your work this way...surely it's
>> all about images
> Thanks, Steve.  I don't always write comments, but I'm always moved by
> your hospital photos.  The last one of that tiny baby surrounded by all
> of the machines is one of the ones that stays in my mind long after it's
> off of the computer screen.

thanks Tina, I luckily had my camera in the car,
and grabbed it after finishing rounds...just a
spur of the moment,  as is so often the case...

>> I look forward to more,  including your own insights or comments on
>> your work...
>
> My favorite one of the ones I put up is of George in the day center.  He
> was so excited and happy over that simple game.

yes, simple human honest emotion...

It was a joy to spend
> the day there in a place that could have easily been very depressing
> instead.  It's those emotions that are hard to ignore when I'm trying to
> edit photos, but I hope his joy comes through in that photo.

yes...
  How do you
> deal with your feelings for individual patients when you edit your work?

not a problem, often I feel the image is a tribute
to them.... I spend 98% of my time caring for
these patients...when I am able to photograph
them, and can capture something tangible of them,
  it's often a wonderful emotional release...

I love to do it...

Steve

> Tina

Message from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] PAW 1, 2, 3 tm)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] PAW 1, 2, 3 tm)