Subject: [Leica] PAW 1, 2, 3
From: neal at nairobisafari.com (Neal Friedenthal)
Date: Tue Jan 18 19:49:35 2005

>Well, I'm going to try it.  I'm already behind before I start since I'm
>starting three weeks late, but here are my first 3 PAWs and alternates

>http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/paw_2005

>They are about as diverse as my life usually is.  The first week is in
>Mexico trying to photographing moving people in the dark.  The second week
>is photographing senior citizens in B&W for a documentary for the local
>newspaper.  The third week I'm babysitting for the grandkids.

>I won't promise to have something up every week, but I'll try to catch up
>for weeks I miss.   I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's PAWs so I hope
>you'll enjoy mine.  All comments welcome.

>Tina

>Tina Manley, ASMP
>www.tinamanley.com

Hi Tina,

As usual your work is superb; but on week one I prefer the prime shot, much
stronger impact.

Week two I like the alternate, although the expression on the face in the
prime shot is great it is not apparent what's going on, the intensity of the
players coupled with the joy of the care giver in the
alternate makes the shot. (this was a hard choise, if you had cropped tight
on the subject in the prime shot I think it would have been better. His
sheer joy would have been enough, the wider view
makes one wonder what is going on.)

Week three, the prime, classic, beautiful.

Neal F

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] PAW 1, 2, 3 tm)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] PAW 1, 2, 3)