Subject: [Leica] A moment at Mac World Expo
From: mcintyre at ca.inter.net (Jim McIntyre)
Date: Tue Jan 18 18:00:10 2005

Henning J. Wulff wrote:

> Our local art gallery had some Holgas for sale and some similar
> (quality) other cameras like Lomo and tin can pinhole. The Holgas had
> a price tag of about $110Cdn. I passed. :-)
>
> I've seen interesting photos taken with them, but here again is the
> proof that the equipment does not make (or hold back) the photograph.

True enough...when I was in art school in the early 80s, one of studio
assignements was to shoot a roll of film a week on a particular subject or
theme. Given that not all the students were in the photography program, to
even the playing field as it were the whole class was supplied with Kodak
126 Instamatics! In spite of the cheap plastic constuction, no exposure
control, etc, the results were quite creative and wonderful.

Message from mcintyre at ca.inter.net (Jim McIntyre) ([Leica] A moment at Mac World Expo)
Message from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] A moment at Mac World Expo)