Subject: [Leica]New Nikon SP 2005 Limited Edition Introduced
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Mon Jan 17 07:27:30 2005

:-)
There is a difference, however, between the O and the SP...The SP is an
eminently useable camera - and one with a fanatical following. I'd be
willing to make one of my finance-risking $5 bets with someone that,
unlike the S3, the SP will sell out - and at the ridiculous price
Nikon's charging, I'd assume they'll make some money on it.

And here's a wild thought for you...
Could Nikon be testing the waters for a re-entry into the rangefinder
market? Probably with a digital version of the S line? It's not quite as
crazy a question as it may sound at first blush. God knows they've got
the digital technology in house. And, for that matter, they've got the
rangefinder technology and heritage as well. Just a thought. But then
I'm the guy who has said all along that had Nikon stayed in the
rangefinder game, and continued to refine the S line and add modern
features, Leica would long ago have become a fond memory....