Subject: [Leica] Re: on line albums
From: john at scocca.org (John Scocca)
Date: Sun Jan 16 16:55:38 2005

I have had this trouble with on-line printers of digital images too.  I
think I have found a work-around.   The Sony ImageStation service will
do prints and booklets, and it appears that if one specifies <<NOT
PERFECT CROP>> they will print the full image in  their standard frame
sizes allowing  white space to fill the gaps.

Most on-line services seem to use fill-the-paper as their theory of
cropping, and if one's pics don't fit then the cropping is random
(machine made I bet).

I have not yet tried to request no cropping from image station yet, so
this isn't guaranteed.  Shutterfly ought to be able to provide this
service too, and if I were you I would call customer service and see
about an adjustment.

cheers

John Scocca