Subject: [Leica] Elmar 50mm f2.8 thoughts/opinions
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Sat Jan 15 11:04:10 2005

Jeffery Smith wrote:
> I very much like the current 50/2.8 Elmar. I have not had a problem
> with contrast, but rarely shoot it wide open. If you are shooting with
> Tri-X souped in Diafine, you probably won't either. I think it is
> fairly good contrast-wise. It and the Tri-Elmar are two of the best
> deals on Leica lenses.

Let me join Jeffery and many others in giving this lens a big thumb
up.   My only wish is that it comes in LTM mount, as I think the size
is great with the LTM Leicas.  In my opinion,  Leica should have
picked this one for LTM mount instead of the 50mm 1.4 a few years
ago.   In the end I sold my 50 Elmar with much regret, and get
the Voigtlander 50mm Heliar so I can use it on my LTM camera.

Cheers,

- Phong

Replies: Reply from feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli) ([Leica] Elmar 50mm f2.8 thoughts/opinions)