Subject: [Leica] Re: New Nikon SP 2005 Limited Edition Introduced
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Jan 15 07:14:47 2005

On 1/14/05 12:17 PM, "Dan C" <bladman99@yahoo.ca> typed:

> There's no better place for a $6700 USD camera like the Nikon SP than in an
> airtight case.  Why else buy it?   To actually use?  I'm not being
> sarcastic.  Was the recent Leica O series camera designed to actually be
> used?  If I had the money and desire to buy the thing I wouldn't let people
> touch it without first donning gloves.  But I don't and I dont and I won't.
>
> -dan c.
>
> At 12:11 PM 14-01-05 -0800, Frank Filippone wrote:
>> $6700
>> they will.

One of the interesting thing about the O is that in use it resembles that of
using a digital point and shoot. The camera is held a foot or so in front of
the viewers face from what I understand. Ironic as hard core film buffs roll
their eyes when they see the hoards out with their point and shoots all held
way out in front of their faces making it obvious the types of cameras they
are using.. Little do these hard core film buffs know.....
That these people are more hard core then THEY are. In fundamental original
practice... If you catch my drift.

You can sure tell a digital point and shoot from a film point and shoot in
use!!
If they wanna sell film they need to put monitors on the back of the
cameras. Its only a matter of time. Many cameras have them back there only
the field is strewn with info not image.
People want a video feed. And they'll follow it anywhere.

Chaching!  (cash register)

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon