Subject: [Leica] Film scanner for Linux
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Thu Jan 13 03:49:59 2005

there may be better solutions now, but a couple of years ago i
got a cheap Epson 1650 Perfection and a 4x5 transparency adapter,
i bought off Epson's refurb and the total cost was less than $200.
i use them with Vuescan and Linux (Fedora).  i can't claim ultimate quality
since i only scan for web resolutions, but the quality seems good.

here are 3 scans of 4x5 negs.

http://www.shinozuka.org/20040914-xeno/
http://www.shinozuka.org/mfs/

-rei