Subject: [Leica] r3 shutter is stuck?
From: Roger.R.Parent at Hitchcock.ORG (Roger R. Parent)
Date: Wed Jan 12 11:58:45 2005

--- You wrote:
Aha!  Nothing wrong with the power supply then or the shutter function then
(probably). But you say the advance lever freewheels?  Is the mirror stuck
in the up position (you may have said but I forget)? With the back open, are
the shutter blinds stuck half way or not tripped at all?

I have not owned an R3 but have several other similar cameras, and yes, the
R3 has a bad reputation for failure but I don't know of which kind.  If it
needs repair, you may have a problem as most of the better mechanics won't
work on them as they have no parts.

Sorry for your unfotunate first experience with Leica but this is probably
not the best example to start with of the brand.  Some R3s are great and
have no issues, but others are unreliable.  There may be a serial # range of
R3s where most of the trouble was (probably early). You might check at
www.camerquest.com  for further information.

JB
--- end of quote ---

the mirror is down, and the shutter blinds are stuck half way.  I hope this
means you know what to do with it.

thanks again,

Roger

Replies: Reply from jblack at ambio.net (John Black) ([Leica] r3 shutter is stuck?)