Subject: [Leica] Leitz resurrected
From: lowiemanuel at yahoo.ca (Emanuel Lowi)
Date: Wed Jan 12 10:01:59 2005

At the risk of shifting the focus ;-) from the ZI vs.
Leica speculation, here's some strange yet somehow
happy news.

I just received the latest version of M-Classics' bag
-- modelled after one marketed by Leitz way back when.

http://www.mclassics.com/

The bag is now made out of the same cloth used for
high-end convertible ragtops (Mercedes, BMW, Porsche,
etc.) making this great bag even better. It fairly
reeks quality, yet also has the most practical design
of any two M-camera shooter's bag I've ever seen.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the new bag
carries the classic Leitz script logo of yesteryear. I
asked M-Classics owner Seth Levine about this and he
explained that he has acquired  the trademark
registration to the old name and logo, and is working
to revive the Leitz brand for quality aftermarket
products for Leica users.

Emanuel

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Leitz resurrected)
Reply from bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C) ([Leica] Leitz resurrected)