Subject: [Leica] re: Trip to Australia - questions
From: azn at nemeng.com (Andrew Nemeth)
Date: Mon Jan 10 11:13:46 2005

> I was about to recommend that for people shots you head on down to
> Bondi Beach but remembered that a guy was recently 'citizens arrested'
> by a group of angry, muscly surfer dudes after he had walked along the
> beach photographing their topless girlfriends with his mobile phone
> camera.  His plea was, "I aint no pervert.  I just wanted to send my
> mates some shots for a laugh.

Er, make that _Coogee_ beach, mate.  :?)

Details here:  <http://4020.net/unposed/critics.shtml#beach>

So it's not as big a deal as many local photogs (or the media) think.

As for 1-hr E6 - forget it.  You can however get 3hr professional
processing quite easily (just look up pro labs in the Yellow Pages when
you get here).

Another thing, it's mid-summer here and the Australian sun is fierce.
This will be a huge surprise to people from the permanently overcast
and polluted northern hemisphere :?)

So bring or buy a broad-brimmed hat and wear long sleeve shirts,
otherwise you'll fry.  ( How do you spot a clueless tourist?  They're
the ones with a glowing purple sunburn... )

Have fun,

Regds,

Andrew Nemeth
Blue Mountains  NSW   Australia