Subject: [Leica] OT: Nikon problem
From: mcintyre at ca.inter.net (Jim McIntyre)
Date: Sun Jan 9 13:19:57 2005

I used to belong to the Nikon user group, but I don't anymore so I'm asking
the smart folks of the LUG to help me out on this one.

I have a Nikon N80/F80. When I try to mount my Nikon AF 28-85 f3.5-4.5 lens,
I get an "FE E" error. Normally this means the lens is not locked into the
maximum f-stop, but in my case it is. I can mount other lenses on the body
without any probem, and when I mount the offending lens on a D70, I get the
same error. I've looked closely at the lens, and can not seem to find
anything wrong. I have used this lens frequently before without any problem.
I got it second hand, so no warranty available. Any suggestions?

Apologies for the off-topic post, but I know there are Nikons lurking in the
camera bags of LUG members ;-)

Jim

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] OT: Nikon problem)