Subject: [Leica] 2nd body decisions
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Sat Jan 8 22:44:37 2005

I'm a fairly happy M6TTL .72 user and am considering a 2nd M body. I'm
pretty
much a 28/50 shooter, with a smattering of 21mm and lately 35mm. I have
an SF24
flash and have been happy with the results so far. Unlike many of us,
I'm do like using
flash sometimes when shooting indoors.

I'm considering a 2nd body, and deciding among the options has  been
challenging.

R3a. Fun 50 shooting with a 1.0 VF. AE.  Low cost. But no easy TTL flash.

M6TTL. Familiar territory. Approx $1200 price point. TTL flash. Maybe an
.85 for nicer 50mm shooting? No AE. Did they make a .54? Don't seen them
listed anywhere in used goods.

M7. AE. TTL flash. Maybe a .54 VF  for 28mm shooting? Or a .85 for
better 50mm
shooting? Or another .72 to keep it simple? New gets me Passport
warranty. New is
$2,600 and used aren't that much less,  maybe  $2,100 or so on average.

MP. Don't know. High price. No TTL flash. Might just rather opt for an
M6 classic
or use my Sekonic incident meter with a nice CLA'd M3/M2/M4.

So I guess I'm wondering how folks like their M7's vs. M6TTL's and whether
folks find that the other mag finders really do enhance either their
28mm or 50mm
shooting.  And then, there's alwasy the intriquing R3a for its
attractive price and
1.0 finder.

And of course, any other words of wisdom folks might provide.

Thanks!

Scott

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] 2nd body decisions)