Subject: [Leica] the midnight movie
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Jan 8 22:17:44 2005

I was checking out the Full Cast and Crew for "The Life Aquatic with Steve
Zissou". The latest episode of "Rushmore" as far as I go. And was planning
to go to the midnight movie.

I noticed two familiar names in it.
One was
"Jacques Henri Lartigue" as "Lord Mandrake"
One of my favorite photographers who I'd assumed long dead.
He would be 101 years old now.

Also at the very bottom of the list was:
"Leica" as "Cody"
The smart money is that this is a dog.
But could be a parrot. Or you name it.

Anyway I want an 8x10 glossy of this new I'm sure dog actor "Leica". And
start a fan club.
I think He/she should star in the remake of the remake of "Lassie returns."

Wow I just checked and there's been scores of Lassie movies since a silent
in 1914!
A big one coming out next year!
Called "Lassie".
Directed by Charles Sturridge.
The guy who directed
FairyTale: A True Story (1997)
which was not as good and less true than
Photographing Fairies (1997)
and was about the exact same true story.
A true story of a famous deception controversy. Involving photography.
A true story about an untrue story.
Clara and Anna Templeton little girls photographing fairies in their back
yard in post WWI era in Britten when people were very depressed by all the
death in the just over war and wanted such things to be possible.
Including the then famous writer of Sherlock Holmes, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
(both great) who had lost a son to the war and was convinced the whole thing
was real. A guy who you'd think would be a realist, but no.

But anyway as the Leica (camera, no way a dog could live that long) was born
at this time as well I'm sure there is a big tie in somewhere. (and the
first Lassie) I did notice lots of Kodak ads from the same time about
"Brownie" cameras "the perfect camera for photography fairies" with I'm sure
that controversy from across the pond in mind on the naming of that camera.
Is there a tie in between the "Brownie" and the "Leica"?
I bet there is!

If you just believe in fairies.

I do I do I do.

Turned out Clara and Anna Templeton had an early version beta version of
Photoshop which ran on an early beta COLOSSUS platform.

But was compatible with both Enigma and Geheimschreiber software.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/