Subject: [Leica] Re: Nikon 5000ED
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri Jan 7 17:34:14 2005

At 08:29 AM 1/7/2005 +1100, you wrote:

>So I will list tip/problems I'm facing and solutions I've found should
>anyone be interested.

Alastair:

If you plan on batch scanning many slides, it is well worth the time and
effort to remount everything in Wess or Gepe mounts.  I'm gradually working
my way through over 500,000 slides, remounting them all.  All new film goes
directly into Gepe mounts.  I've never had a Gepe mount jam.

The scanner does work better plugged directly into the USB port on the
computer.  Be sure that wherever you have allocated to save the files has
plenty of room for all of the slides in the batch you are scanning.

Hope this helps.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com