Subject: [Leica] Flatbed scanners for photographs
From: bparsons at jhancock.com (bparsons@jhancock.com)
Date: Thu Jan 6 12:20:16 2005

Curtis,

There is a model of the Epson flatbed that has a film adapter and gives
high resolution, 2700 dpi or higher, I believe.

Bill Parsons

|+------------------------------+-----------------------------------------|
||   "Curtis Fant"              |                                         |
||   <surrealistic@cox.net>     |   ? ? ? ? To: ? ? ? ?"Leica Users Group"|
||   Sent by:                   |   <lug@leica-users.org>                 |
||   lug-bounces+bparsons=jhanco|   ? ? ? ? cc:                           |
||   ck.com@leica-users.org     |   ? ? ? ? Subject: ? ? ? ?[Leica]       |
||                              |   Flatbed scanners for photographs      |
||   01/06/2005 02:32 PM        |                                         |
||   Please respond to "Leica   |                                         |
||   Users Group"               |                                         |

What flatbed scanner is good that might be able to handle mounted
photographs where the photograph is about 6 x 8" on an 11x14" board?

I have an HP ?3970, and the glass can't be removed easily to clean, phantom
dust comes out in the photographs that isn't there in the originals and it
has this recessed scan area that will only take letter sized things.

Are all flatbed scanners junk?

Thanks,

Curtis