Subject: [Leica] SL meter
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Tue Jan 4 22:18:34 2005

on 1/4/05 8:44 PM, Feli di Giorgio at feli2@earthlink.net wrote:

> Doug, how accurate is your SL meter? Do you have to compensate at all?
> Mine is constantly off by about 1 -1.5 stops compared to my R6.2 or M6
> (which read identical). DAG recently did a full rebuild of the camera
> and
> said the meter was ok. Could it be that he re-calibrated it for a
> different
> battery than the PX625? I guess I could just drop him an email...
>
> thanks,
>
> feli

The all (3 in service) seem fine.  At the moment they're calibrated for the
mercury battery but I've got one in the shop now and I've asked DAG to
re-calibrate for a 625s silver cell.  He's already re-calibrated an SL2 for
me; the jury's out on that one 'cuz it had to go back to DAG for other
reasons.

Recently I figured out how to calibrate the SL's meter so I'll try
re-calibrating a body for the silver cell when I get the chance.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from jevb at runbox.com (Jerry Van Brimmer) ([Leica] SL meter)