Subject: [Leica] Re: Fuji NPH 400 trouble
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Mon Jan 3 15:06:10 2005

Nelson:

>However, pictures taken
>with my Rollei TLR 2.8F is also underexposed on the Fuji NPH using the
>incident meter on my Minolta Flash Meter IV (outdoor) set at ASA 400.
>Again,
>the NPS 160 came out perfect on the Rollei.

That is weird.  Are you taking pictures in similar light?  Or is the light
source a lot different and that's why you're using 400 speed film?

Given that the exposure is good with your longer lenses, I'd guess that
something about the lighting is throwing you off balance.  With the Leica,
the longer the lens, the less effective area you're metering.  Yes, it's
effectively a "large spot" meter.  Take a look at the white dot on the
shutter with your lens off.  That's the size and location of where the meter
reads.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/