Subject: [Leica] BESSA R3A or M7 (now metering)
From: MichaelW at CadoganManagement.com (Michael Waldron)
Date: Mon Jan 3 14:07:12 2005

I agree with KISS, but I think it comes after experience.  The more I
photograph, the easier it becomes to be 'stupid' and keep it simple!

Somehow, keeping things in the back of the brain makes it a lot easier, and
I mostly leave the trusty M7 on auto, too.

Digital is even better -- shoot once, look at the histogram, tweak a bit and
keep on going!

Michael Waldron suggested:
>>> This is a complex topic, but I learned a lot from the book and recommend
>>> it, even if you have no interest in zone system type work.<<<<,,

Michael mon ami,
Any mention of zone system sends shivers up my back! Because the only zone
I've ever been concerned with is the de-militarized zone I've been near! ;-)

And given I'm an old dog now changing metering methods would only screw-me
up more than I am. :-) Besides for 55 years I've used the KISS system. :-)
Through the camera if possible, incident if necessary.

However an excellent book suggestion by the way.  ""Beyond the Zone system"

ted

Replies: Reply from lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda) ([Leica] BESSA R3A or M7 (now metering))
Reply from mail at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] BESSA R3A or M7 (now metering))