Subject: [Leica] Fuji NPH 400 trouble
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Mon Jan 3 09:56:46 2005

nelson chan wrote:
> Hello Fellow Lugger,
>
> Happy New Year!!
>
> The NPH is giving me headache, almost all my prints came out underexposed
> (I think). color is lifeless and prints are generally grainy. Tried
> shooting at asa 320 but still prints came out lousy. I don't know if it is
> the lab or the film I bought is defective. Should I set it at asa 250? I
> have excellent results with Fuji NPS 160 and Kodak 160 Portra 160. Thanks
> in advance.
>
> Regards,
>

> Nelson

Hi Nelson,

I use nph in both 35mm and MF. I always expose at 400 and never have a
problem. The printing however is very important. It can make or break
your pictures. Might have been a batch out of spec.

Michiel Fokkema

Replies: Reply from cchan at pldtdsl.net (Nelson Chan) ([Leica] Fuji NPH 400 trouble)