Subject: [Leica] Rangefinder basics
From: billgem at hotmail.com (Bill Marshall)
Date: Sun Jan 2 03:24:59 2005

Hi, Mike -

I suggest that you also post this question at www.rangefinderforum.com.
Remember that this is a Leica users group.

Regarding shooting with fast lenses for low light, I'm sure you know that
this will limit your depth of field - perhaps severely. For your kind of
shooting, I would prefer the idea of using fast film augmented by flash.

For a limited budget, the Voigtlander line of rangefinder cameras will give
you far more bang for the buck & I doubt that any differences with Leica
equipment will matter for the kind of shooting you describe. Also note that
older Leicas do not have built-in meters.

Best for the New Year!
Bill