Subject: [Leica] Re: metering for dark skin
From: lkhermann at bresnan.net (lkhermann)
Date: Fri Dec 31 08:49:06 2004

At 09:26 AM 12/31/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>At 05:25 AM 12/31/2004, Karen Nakamura wrote:
>>Why not just use an incident meter? Much easier:
>>         http://photoethnography.com/ClassicCameras/lightmeters.html
>
>Amen to that.  I was amazed at how much more consistent my exposures
>became when I switched to incident metering.  I use the little Digisix
>from Gossen.  Other than that, I do what Brian recommends -- meter once
>for the overall light level and re-meter only when there's a noticeable
>light change.  Obviously, there are many situations where this wouldn't
>work, but it works surprisingly well most of the time.
>
>BTW, Karen, I really like the look of your new Blog site.  I'm going to
>have to check out Blogger for myself.  Besides, it's free!
>

>Phil Swango

I agree that incident meters are great.  I have used a Sekonic studio
deluxe for over 40 years, on my second one.  I recently treated myself to a
new meter as the studio seems a little fragile, a Gossen Luna-pro
digital.  It seems to give the same light readings and is much more compact
and the read out is more easily seen by old eyes.
Lee