Subject: [Leica] Re: metering for dark skin
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Fri Dec 31 08:23:22 2004

At 05:25 AM 12/31/2004, Karen Nakamura wrote:
>Why not just use an incident meter? Much easier:
>         http://photoethnography.com/ClassicCameras/lightmeters.html

Amen to that.  I was amazed at how much more consistent my exposures became
when I switched to incident metering.  I use the little Digisix from
Gossen.  Other than that, I do what Brian recommends -- meter once for the
overall light level and re-meter only when there's a noticeable light
change.  Obviously, there are many situations where this wouldn't work, but
it works surprisingly well most of the time.

BTW, Karen, I really like the look of your new Blog site.  I'm going to
have to check out Blogger for myself.  Besides, it's free!

Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr. SE
Albuquerque, NM  87108
505-262-4085