Subject: [Leica] Re: London challenge shoot
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Wed Dec 29 22:21:58 2004

On Dec 29, 2004, at 8:59 PM, R. Clayton McKee wrote:

> On 29 Dec 2004 at 20:03, Frank Filippone wrote:
>
>> Pros, PJ's, and others that actually get PAID to take pictures have a
>> different criteria of success.  Sometimes on this list, that
>> differentiation
>> gets lost.
>
> Some years ago I went to a Canon/NANPA workshop with Dewitt Jones,
> and inevitably someone asked about the "hits/roll" ratio.
>
> I've never forgotten what he said:  "If I get less than two good
> shots on a roll, I wasn't paying attention.  If I get more than four,
> MAYBE five, I wasn't pushing myself hard enough."

Do you think he was pulling your leg? Was he talking studio work,
landscapes
or on the street? I can see 5 useable per roll in a studio or if you
are shooting
landscapes, but five or more per roll on the street? And what does he
mean by hits?
Hits or home runs?

And while we are on it how many per roll do people like Ted, Tina etc
average?
Every once and a while you get lucky and all of the stars are in
alignment and you
nail more on one roll than in a week, but that's not everyday.

feli

feli2@earthlink.net                    2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com

Replies: Reply from leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee) ([Leica] Re: London challenge shoot)