Subject: [Leica] Best camera/lens choice
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue Dec 28 23:00:25 2004

I'm not sure the CD thing is a great idea - at least not for me.
EVERYTHING I shoot in digital is in RAW mode which is really as close
to a negative as digital has. I'm not sure the Epson device is really
very useful for dealing with those. Perhaps it will transfer to the CD
- but you'll need a LOT of those puppies for much shooting and they're
relatively fragile. A small laptop is much more flexible because not
only can it hold 60-80 GB but you can work with your digital images
and actually send them along to someone if you can get a broadband
link.

But I'm not a pro shooting on the road, at this point, so I can't
really say. Nevertheless I think a computer is superior because it
does so many things well. As long as it's not a Dell laptop.

Adam