Subject: [Leica] photos of the comet-- maybe I have it?
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Tue Dec 28 14:53:02 2004

url would help:  http://www.sonc.com/comet.htm

I+n a message dated 12/28/2004 4:53:31 PM Central Standard Time,
SonC@aol.com
writes:
In a message dated 12/28/2004 4:25:53 PM Central Standard Time,
KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu writes:
i know you've all been out photographing it. like i have, with a 50mm lens
from the light polluted hood in west philly...

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/paw/2004/52/comet3.jpg

it was pretty easy to find after looking at the sky chart on sky and
telescope's web site, making some distance calculations and looking for the
fuzzy blob.
I don't know for sure if it is a halation or what, but just to the right of
the main explosion, there "could be" the Comet.  I was looking to the North
East.  The glow just above on the right is the full moon, and the shot was
something like  just after 7pm Central time.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana
Oldest continuous settlement in La Louisiane
?galit?, libert?, crawfish

Replies: Reply from masonster at gmail.com (David Mason) ([Leica] photos of the comet-- maybe I have it?)