Subject: [Leica] Midnight Mass- My picture this week
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Mon Dec 27 20:00:55 2004

Sonny,

I think what Richard was reacting to was the lightness in the shadows. In my
(humble) opinion, I think the contrast could be a bit higher, with the
shadows being a bit darker. I took the liberty (I hope you don't mind) of
doing some edits. I've posted them on my site:

http://www.jamesstreetphoto.com/sonny02.html

jm

Thanks for the effort, but   the wood-grain of the pews nearly goes away
when
you burn the film grain in.  I wasn't in love with the scan; when I get back
to work and can run it on my Nikon 5000, I'll maybe repost.

As usual, for shots like this, I am more interested in the capture than the
technical nuts and bolts.  The noise you see is the  grain of underexposed
Fuji
800, which is about as good as I could do at f2.8 and 1/30th in a dark
church.

Re:  http://www.sonc.com/midnight_mass.htm

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana
Oldest continuous settlement in La Louisiane
?galit?, libert?, crawfish