Subject: [Leica] Stories
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (feli)
Date: Mon Dec 27 10:56:03 2004

It looks like Smith shot with anything he could get his hands on,
particularly
in his later days, when he was really broke. In his early days during WWII he
had a Contax and a Rollei. Supposedly he was really fond of the Rollei. I've
read
that he was a bit of a gearhead, but that seems to have been driven by his
desire for
perfection in his work.

feli

Do I recall something about Smith using Mirandas in the late 60's?  I
seem to recall someone mentioning that the company was quite generous
with supplying gear that he actually used for a time...

Bob Palmieri

Feli di Giorgio                 feli2@earthlink.net
www.elanphotos.com