Subject: [Leica] Stories
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Sun Dec 26 19:05:34 2004

On Dec 26, 2004, at 6:52 PM, Slobodan Dimitrov wrote:

> Feli;
> It's 35mm.

thanks.

>  But what's really depressing, is how destitute he was near the end.

Yeah, I just finished reading the book. Like most artists, he appears
to have been
broke most of his life. He was lucky to get the teaching position just
before he died.

> All the good gear was sold off some time prior to the Minamata shoot.
> I believe, he was reduced to using a Minolta (retch at the thought)
> during this period.

Just goes to show you that someone with talent can make a great shot
with anything.
;-)

> It reminds of a few beat era poets, that didn't 'make it' who lived in
> Venice, CA. I knew some, with more than a dozen published books, who
> were cleaning Porta Potties to make ends meet.
> S. Dimitrov

Hmm... seen that happen before...

feli

feli2@earthlink.net                    2 + 2 = 4