Subject: [Leica] Stories
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Sun Dec 26 18:36:16 2004

On Dec 26, 2004, at 3:54 PM, B. D. Colen wrote:

> It is all that and more, Neal - Knowing Smith, and the era, it may well
> have been posed, but so was the original Pieta, so what the heck.. ;-)

According to the book, at some point during his stay he decided that he
wanted to take a shot of the mother bathing the child. Seems perfectly
reasonable since he was all over their house, and the entire village,
day and night. So, he examined the location before the shoot and took
some meter readings. At this point he set up two small flashes for fill
light. Perhaps a day later, Smith joined them during bath time.
Supposedly he only took a few shots, because he felt he was intruding
on something very private, but knew it when he had taken that one. I'm
curious what format it was shot on. 35? 6x6? 6x7?

Has anyone ever seen this picture as a real print?

Feli

feli2@earthlink.net                    2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com

Replies: Reply from mcintyre at ca.inter.net (Jim McIntyre) ([Leica] PAW rejuvenated)