Subject: [Leica] OT P/S digital for trip to Indonesia
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Sun Dec 26 18:25:46 2004

On Dec 26, 2004, at 4:10 PM, Ernest Nitka wrote:

> A friend is leaving for indonesia ( pending reports of death and
> destruction there from Tsunami) in several weeks.  she wants a P/S
> digital - need some advice from the world travelers on the list:
>
> ernie nitka

May I suggest the Canon A75 (3.1MP), A85 (4.0MP) or A95 (5.0MP)?

I have the A75 and it pretty nice. Paid $199 for mine. 400asa is a
little noisy, but it's a fairly compact, rugged little unit. For the
money they are hard to beat. Best of all they take AA batteries, which
of course you can pick up almost anywhere on the planet.

For more info look here:

www.dpreview.com

Feli

feli2@earthlink.net                    2 + 2 = 4