Subject: [Leica] This is a photograph of a dog
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Dec 22 08:26:06 2004

Boy, am I with Peter on this one. First I should say I am a dog and cat
lover - at the moment, God help us, we have three cats and two dogs in
our house. I've had dogs all my life; I go up to strange dogs on the
street - cautiously - and say hello. I am one of those people who, when
someone tells me 'be careful, Spike doesn't like most people,' or
'Cuddles' is very skittish,' will end up with the dog or cat on my lap
or asleep at my feet. All of that said - I, too, have met any number of
'sweet' pit bulls. But sitting in those genes is an aggressive, killer
instinct, carefully bred into the dog. It may never turn up, or it may
turn up when the owner's six year old brings a friend home to play - and
the dog kills the friend, and perhaps the owner's child as well.

With all the breeds of dog out there - and I well know that any dog can
decide to bite - it strike's me as mighty strange to seek out a breed
that is known for turning on other dogs and people without provocation.

B. D.