Subject: [Leica] New Zeiss lenses compared against Leica
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Wed Dec 22 02:03:41 2004

The January 2005  _Asahi Camera__ compares the new 25/28/35/50mm
Zeiss-Ikon lenses against their Leica equivalents (ASPH when
possible).  In the shootout, which I was reading while browsing
through a bookstore, the ZI lenses come out as equivalent in flare
tolerance (both the ZIs and ASPHs were basically flare free); the ZIs
were basically the same in sharpness and color temperature; and I
think the 50 Planar was just a tad less contrasty which the reviewer
thought gave better shadow depth.

I'm in the middle of moving so I can't give a full report, maybe
Roger, Peter or one of the other  Japan residents can fill in the
details.

Karen
--
Karen Nakamura