Subject: [Leica] Sofienbergsparken
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Thu Dec 16 11:28:10 2004

In a message dated 12/16/04 10:40:42 AM, lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

> http://www.dlridings.com/paw2004/49.html
 This is almost home on my way back in the afternoon: Sofienbergsparken
Leica M2 35/2.0 Summicron 1/30 @ 2.0 Agfa APX 400 @ EI 800
Dan,

I like the atmosphere of this shot. Kinda miss snow here in the Willamette
Valley, OR. Especially since I lived in NYC for most of my life. However, we
do
have a lot of it at the upper reaches of the Cascades, where the skiing
around
Bend is very good indeed. But it doesn't have the harsh reality of a
blizzard
in the northeastern cities. With global warming, my friends in Anchorage
tell
me that winter is now a sometime thing. So that white, muffled scene in
Sofienbergsparken is a welcome sight. That touch of light texture in the
trees is
subtle. Were this a color shot, with warm light coming through the windows
of
the buildings, the image would have lost its coldness aspect and its
consistent
message. Nice work.

Bob