Subject: [Leica]cleaning slides ???
From: ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben)
Date: Thu Dec 16 01:04:01 2004

I try to keep my own slides and negatives clean but when I get material from
others- especially if it is older stuf - the condition is from bad to really
sticky, full of fingerprinta, old glue and stuff like that. I have a worst
case two step chemical treat ment - first step is in som some petrolium
liquid leaving the slide a little oily - i sometimes use a soft tissue with
this if it something that sticks -  followed by Benzine leving it clean and
a little matt.

Does anyone on the list have experience with other cleaning remedies that
works well - something that does not ruin the original and prefereable does
not kill you by the fumes ( I know that benzine is not very good for your
helsth)

Please share

all the best
Ruben